Thursday 25 June 2015

How theological corrupts psychology


 
+Breakthrough Moment Thank you for your respectful understanding of my observations.  in fact I think few people would be able to see what I have outlined, and I am glad you could see it and that this helped you.
Yes, sometimes all we really want from other people is a confirmation of what we have been though and that it is unfair.   Just some straight, rather than bent talk, and some courage to face the plain facts.
In the end what I have given you here is all I can really give you, but if you do feel inclined, you ought to read Nietzsche's THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA from the perspective of a new initiate into knowledge.   He disguised his whole narrative in quasi-theological terms to get under the radar, but he is really addressing the sorts of issues we have just discussed, such as those having to do with the infiltration of theology into everything and the way that distorts psychological reality.
And it was Nietzsche who said that theology turns the whole of psychology upside-down.
I think the only reason why I became very focused on Nietzsche's critique, to try to understand it, was that I did orginally come from a much healthier society (in many ways), where people did actually address problems arising from adulthood in an adult way.  Therefore, it has always been a puzzle to me why people in contemporary modern society can't seem to do that.  It seems like the most obvious thing that one ought to address a problem at its source, and do so right away, without waiting for it to fester.
Because I found this lack of action by modern people so deeply disturbing , I kept on reading and questioning, until now I finally have filled in all the missing gaps of my knowledge.
My knowlege is more philosophical than psychological, because I don't think the narrow discipline of psychology addresses these issues effectively.  It takes too much of our inheritance of theological views, that come down to us from the historical past, for granted.   But it's these views that need to be corrected and overturned.
Anyway, I'm glad my comments helped.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity