Saturday 20 June 2015

On the value of adding order to one's own house

Westerners --not just Americans -- have been preaching at me about racism and trying to upbraid me about my morality for over thirty years. It doesn't end. Even when I posted my recent YouTube video exclaiming my horror and distancing myself from the actions of the little shit, some self-righteous bigoted remains of somebody's snot-filled nostril comes along and does a peculiar little dance about how I need to get my priorities right. Strangers declaim my suspicious moral status so as to unload their own disgusting behaviors off onto me and make them seem like mine. These are people who will not listen to a word I say, but whenever an American comes along to commit an atrocity, they will put themselves in the position of high court judges, finely determining where I do or do not fall short in my morality. I'm not an American. I didn't kill anyone. I don't owe any Americans constant installments of my compassion, but this common variety Western insists that I am the morally suspect one in all of this. That is a great way to make Americans themselves seem pure when they are wallowing in degeneration. Point the finger of blame, and make it seem as if my fine moral attunements are not quite right. It doesn't cross their mind that constantly bringing up a generation of murderers might be problematic in any way. No. They have to finely grade the levels of my compassion to give it a mark out of ten. What revolting high-handed moralists, who deserve all of my condemnation for not getting their own house in order.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity