Friday 20 April 2007

you are my brain, therefore we need a lobotomy!

Actually, and I might have said this before,my family member thought that I was part of his brain. Not the good part, mind you. He was all of the good part. He thought I was the part of his identity which he didn't like about himself. Because he thought I was an unruly part of his own brain, he had to keep control over me at all times. This was harder for him to do when I was quiet, minding my own business, keeping to myself -- so, he had to provoke me, outrage me, get me to speak out, so that he could then manage to somehow dominate me and gain a sense of control again, over his "own brain". I tell you, only feminists would believe this. This kind of insanity is barely distinguishable from normal, everyday sexism in most of the world's eyes. In any case, I raised the issue of his behaviour with a number of people and nobody did anything -- except later it turned out that I was being blamed in some ways. It seemed that his illusion that I was an unruly part of his brain had been conveyed to my extended family as an accurate version of reality.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity