Wednesday 14 January 2009

desperate to survive?

Really, how do you relate to someone who genuinely thinks that they are "struggling for survival"? I've had people backstab me for no reason other than to eliminate one element of their competition -- when, in fact, I was by no means their competitor, but was actually watching their back in many ways.

How do you deal with those who are that fearful and that desperate that they think everything that happens threatens to put either your neck or theirs on the chopping block, but not both?

Such people are functioning regressively, with a very primitive mythology, and if they're hinting around me that they want to be the fittest to survive, I would most likely give them as wide a berth as possible.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity