Tuesday 9 March 2010

On lunatics and stalkers

Lunatics and stalkers. These are not issues that overly concern me, but rather are topics that have entered through my peripheral vision via facebook.

The lunatics were those who merged and floated together just above the moon. I wasnt a lunatic, I was a goth. I had to try to drive two cars back from a camping trip at once. I was too only a young child, clambering up to look through the windscreen.

I was in a hotel suite. The phone rang -- probably a work call. I lifted it up. Iwas to do with work, but in an unusual way.

A well modulated male voice was crackling over a very bad line: "I want you to fix the damage you have done ..... ten years ago, you told me .... global warming. "

"Where did you get my phone number?"

"Are you in Sydney?" he said.

"No," I replied. But then again, upon reflection, I was.

"Where are you?" I said.

"I've always been in Perth."

"How did you know that I was here?" I asked again. (Even I didn't know for sure where I was.)

I had a few problems of my own. Just then, I noticed what I had managed to overlook before -- that the alarm clock radio on the desk was emitting a gaseous blue flame. A certain amount of light was coming out of it, and every time I tried to pinch the blue flame out, the alarm clock glowed blue all over, after which time the little flame appeared elsewhere on it. Then I suddenly noticed that the radio was making it hard for me to hear, by belting out some kind of gaseous chorus. I said: "Just a minute .."

I turn the volume dial down, but then I couldn't hear once more for the volume turned itself up again.

The caller continued on and on in a measured, business-like way. I couldn't hear him clearly over the static, but tried different questions.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity