Sunday 29 May 2011

Feminists are just "too sensitive"?

It's amazing how people treat feminists and feminism as if they were "a little bit silly". But if you treat their health problem or their lamentations about their financial status or their run-ins with certain authorities as if they were "a little bit silly", all hell breaks loose.

‎...although the status of women relative to men has ramifications in all of these areas.

As well as this, individual men who adopt the posture, "I could have experienced what you did without having any reaction at all [the subtext being, "you are too sensitive"]" end up sending me the wrong message. For, when I take them at their word and treat them as if they could have handled everything I did, but without any emotional reaction, they end up being very hurt indeed.

They even act as if I'd violated their human rights.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity