Friday 23 December 2016

Comments - YouTube

Comments - YouTube


Wow--thank you! Totally on topic and deeply interesting. Lucky you had those powers of adaption! But also you seem to have retained your sense of being very circumspect and cautious, waiting for confirmation of your sense of truth in every situation, before acting. For most contemporary people, that is rare behavior. As for my case, my capacity for adaptation was severely compromised from two directions. On the one side was my father's trauma, and resulting scapegoating of me. On the other side was an apparently vindictive and aggressive identity politics, which Australians had embraced, which made them paint everything that I said to them as false, manipulative and deceptive, when in fact the opposite to that has always been true. I've never ceased to speak from a position of sincerity. These two factors served to traumatize me over and over, until adaptation became out of my reach.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity