Sunday 31 May 2009

100 percent proof

My ideas are 100 percent ironic proof like the mind-bending spirit kachasu.

And it seems that I must learn again and again that when I see only in an ironic light the forms and structures of ideas that to other people are a mainstay of life -- the very source of their sense of stability -- I am asking for trouble.

One cannot use for fun what other people use for bread and water without risking offence. Just because I get no sustenance or nutrition from gender stereotypes, and therefore feel free to treat these ideas like a puppy would a soft toy does not mean that others cannot or do not receive sustenance from them -- although the manner by which they achieve this I simply cannot imagine.

If I am comfortable with you I'll joke with you, and this is also often a mistake. One gets to see the side of me that doesn't take much seriously at all -- and  as I must keep reminding myself, people do need to take a number of things seriously to derive their spiritual nourishment.

Right wingers, despite their ability of sometimes being able to churn out some startling humour of their own -- arbecht macht frei was quite a cracker -- always turn against my sort of humour surreptitiously. They are like those earnest leftists who can barely tolerate my rendering of all that's solid into smoke.  I can't help myself.  It's my inherent tendency.  My flaw

But after all a flaw is a flaw is a flaw.

And I have no doubt you will floor me for it.

1 comment:

Seeing Eye Chick said...

Isn't that like the sky apologizing for being blue?

Besides it's doubtful that such individuals would be able to accept such an apology in truth. They would feign it of course, but at some later date, they would hit you with it at some inopportune moment reminding you that they never forget, or forgive because they incapable of relecting or owning their own flaws.


You can feel bad that you might have hurt their feelings, but you shouldnt feel bad for telling the truth, especially when it wasn't intended to be harmful or hurtful.

Cultural barriers to objectivity