Sunday 17 May 2009

as concerns "glomming on"

There comes a time when with certain inquisitors that it is necessary to cut your loss and simply allow these inquisitors to glom on.  Such is the paradox:  to be present, but absent in the face of strong oppression.

On what are they internally driven, by all the powers of their imaginations, fueled by the restless agitations of their unconscious minds?

They want a negative story about women -- about how women are eternally weak and inferior and how they deserve everything that has ever been dished out to them.

My first explanations are always, let me say this here and now, the ones that I know to be true. Yet they are also the explanations that are least likely to satisfy the inquisitorial mind. Such a mind eschews the most direct explanation in favour of sordid fantasies about inherent feminine corruption.

It is to these folk and to others of an inquisitorial nature, that I throw the chicken bone, the tail of the lizard, a small distraction.

I make efforts to confess to all of the "witchcraft" that has been imputed to me. In doing thus, I merely provide the only form of explanation that they are capable of latching onto: The form of explanation that suits their craven innermost desires.

Needless to say, such an explanation isn't true . To repeat: my first explanation -- and the one that I always insist on, and keep returning to -- is always and forever the correct one. Yet one must throw a hungry dog a bone.

Inquisitors always get the explanation that they crave ... the one they most richly deserve.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity