Thursday 27 August 2009

Dream

I am inclined to have futuristic dreams, more often than not. Sometimes I am back in the past, doing something or other, at my old school, for instance. But always there is a futuristic element to the dream as well. I am anticipating how things might have changed.

It is only when my creative juices have been almost emptied, by working too hard on my [expletive] thesis, that I have dreams that are sketchy at best, where the content seems to scrape the bottom of the barrel in reworking themes that I had virtually lost interest in.

Last night, there were passenger planes landing at an airport in the middle of a war zone. The planes landed with all of their windows open, which I thought to be an interesting innovation. And they were routinely fired upon by anti-aircraft weapons upon landing.

"Aren't you afraid of being shot down?" I asked the pilot.

"Not really," he said. "It's the anti-gravity devices that all ground-bound vehicles are more afraid of."

"What?" I said. "Does such technology exist?"

"Yes," he said. "They use a beam. It's quite scientific."

1 comment:

Seeing Eye Chick said...

People have been trying to shoot you down for years. And you do fly with all your windows {eyes} open. All of them.

What a wonderful, validating dream for you!

BTW you have been awarded the Honest Weblog Award!

Cultural barriers to objectivity