Tuesday 9 August 2011

Leftwing emotional blackmail and the neoliberal agenda to make us all one under Capitalism

1. What I despise above all is being subjected to racially loaded emotional blackmail, which tells me that because somebody has more melanin in their skin than I, their attitudes, especially cultural attitudes, are beyond criticism. I cry foul on that (and I consider such people to be very low and ill-mannered).



I have even had people trying to justify rape inside of marriage, using the excuse, "but you have to accept it, because it is our culture."



Actually, no. I'm not one of those who bends to unethical emotional blackmail -- even when it is disguised as overarching Ethics.



2. Christianity is a dogma (or, if you like, a multiple system of dogmas) that oppresses women. It may be less oppressive than some dogmas, depending on the version of Christianity you adopt. I am not concerned about that, because I don't think that arguing that one's dogma is a milder form of oppression really constitutes a convincing argument for one's dogma. Anyway, Zimbabwean Christianity also oppresses women, not because it cuts off our clitorii or anything like that, but because it trivialises us. When in the company of Zimbabwean Christians, I get treated like I'm a bit of an airhead. Lovely!!! I get talked down to and told I am not equipped for leadership, or that I don't want to be a leader because of my gender essence. (Actually) horrible!!! For these reasons and more, I oppose Zimbabwean Christianity.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity