Wednesday 30 January 2013

Contemporary marketplace values and confusion everywhere.

The Last Psychiatrist: No Self-Respecting Woman Would Go Out Without Make Up


I'm not sure how denying the fact that there are really systems all over the place can enable anyone to overcome narcissism. Certainly, there are systems and certainly humans create them.

What if someone walked around and said, "There is only me. There are no systems, no mechanisms of coordination or integration or control or hierarchies. Even if there SEEM to be systems, that is just the action of my mind, creating the illusion," would the person who proposed this be sane, or normal, or rational?

It seems to me that original, childhood narcissism starts from the position that what exists is only me and my mind, and that nothing really exists outside of me.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity