Friday 20 December 2013

Franco Is Not Dead | Clarissa's Blog

Franco Is Not Dead | Clarissa's Blog


That right wing way of thinking is a political game of moving chess pieces so as to seem to come out as a winner. One proclaims that women have not understood anything and that life goes on. It seems like a very clever sleight of hand, and I have had this trick attempted on me a number of times.

 It's not the final move in the chess game, though, and to assume so is the mistake of those who make it. They get taken in by the cleverness of their own deception, but that doesn't mean I am also taken in by it. They have assumed that women are rather silly, but that assumption does not change reality, although they think it does.

I still remain not silly and with a working memory. I observe all of the petty maneuvers and I don't forget any of them, even after the would-be hypnotists have proclaimed they have completed their game and drawn all the conclusions there are. I remain waiting, choosing my moment.

I notice and remember everything.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity