Saturday 28 December 2013

Repost

http://healthland.time.com/2011/10/03/want-to-feel-younger-more-open-magic-mushrooms-trigger-lasting-personality-change/
Above is an article depicting much of what I have also found as a result of my intellectual research on the intersection between literature and shamanism.  This kind of impersonal ego, or indeed "egoless" experience (as per the article), was a fundamental part of my experience until about the age of 15, when I emigrated from Africa to Australia.

The impersonal, mystical or detached aspect of experience is the core part of my identity.  As such, I revert to it when under stress.   The more stress I'm under, the more detached I become.   Ego matters less and less at that point -- and, thus, I see the world more pragmatically, in terms of whittled down structures.


No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity