Wednesday 10 September 2014

adult society

All I am looking for is that we place a foundation for a more adult society.  I think I have been reeling from the shock of not being in an adult society for too long.
The first time I became aware of it was when I gave a reason for some deficiency in my performance on a particular day (my comment was in a mood of penitence and expressed my hope that I might do better in the future through self-monitoring) and this remark I made was dismissed as “an excuse”.  That was when I became aware that I was dealing with something very, very different from anything I’d encountered before.  At the time I didn’t realize I was being infantilized, although I certainly felt something awry.  Reasons, logic, a sense of how everything fits together into a whole – these are no longer remembered or understood.
This is what is missing and this is what I would like to reclaim.

Apart from this, I have no other goals or desires in my life.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity