Friday 19 September 2014

extreme masculinity (and shamanic feminism)

Anywhere where extreme masculinity is given permission to grow, it leaches the soil of nutrients for other types of plants.  It takes all the energy out of the soil and ....what we have left is probably room for thinned personalities, who, with their own tremendous will, can become shamans.
 
Those are the two extreme types that an extreme right wing culture can produce.
 
Now, of course, I had to make do with very little in way of psychological or emotional nutrients – for the reason given.
 
But that was okay, so long as I remained in the right wing ecosystem with these tall, masculine trees providing shade for me.   In truth, the situation is not so good otherwise, and one can only survive through extreme shamanism.  For instance, one must learn to feed on what one’s mind is predisposed to feed on. So, throughout the three-quarter sleep I had last night, my brain nourished itself on the images of very young and very rugged Rhodesian soldiers  [see video below] – and, of course, their lauded heroism.  At the same time, one chooses to see part of the picture and deliberately ignore the fact that some of these were thugs and no doubt could have been very unpleasant characters – not so much during the war, when their minds were made up to fight heroically, but afterwards, when the whole reality collapsed.
 
Shamanic types survive the collapse of all sorts of realities because they had the habit of getting by on very little to begin with.   The collapse of realities is painful but survivable --- and one can gain the ability to live through them again and again.  Those who are absolutely committed, though, seem to have more difficulty. 
 
Anyway, my notion that extreme shamanic types and extreme masculine types grow up on the same soil is what I want to present today.  Is it any wonder that Western psychologists could not even begin to understand me?   I don’t have the mindset they expect me to have.  I’m undernourished, but still thriving.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity