Wednesday 10 December 2008

If I am punching badly against these bags, you have to come along and turn it into a good punch

Actually no.

I don't.

Always look out for those who have subliminally or implicitly accepted a tough talkin' doctrine -- for example, like the doctrine of social darwinism. The probability is that they're just looking for a way out to sit on their laurels while getting someone else to do all of the heavy lifting work involved in sustaining their sense of meaning.


But -- actually no. I don't need to sustain your sense of meaning.

I'm not going to spar with you over an issue that I take to be common sense. And it is not up to me to make sure that your guards are up and that you are a holding a good position.

Instead, I go on my merry way. Observing what I observe. Seeing what I see.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity