Monday 15 December 2008

My personal style

So I start to figure out what my personal style is, because at about the age of 40, it is time to do it.

I find that my body either accepts or rejects certain items of clothing. There is very little inbetween about this. It is as if I had a certain blood type with regard to clothing, and could only accept an outfit from the right donor.

My personal style requires that the clothing be generally of a tight or snug fit, especially in the case of the inner garments. The outer garments may hang much more loosely, and indeed, ought to.

The inner garments, however, ought to be elasticised, at least a little.

Items should be functional and easy to wear. The material should be of a high quality, preferably not synthetic. They should have a certain amount of utility about them, since I move quickly and am inclined to tear anything too fragile. Also fidgetty straps fall off my shoulders, and are a nightmare.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity