Thursday 8 April 2010

dream

THEME PARK
The dream about the futuristic theme park begins with me and Mike. We are supported by a helicopter, which is taking us all over the property. We are supported in harnesses but do not feel them. I hold onto two felt covered handles, and my feet are supported in a sitting position. We float over the terrain, about 70 metres above it, but in effect this is not so high, as we are suddenly only a few metres above some rocky terrain on an incline. The ride goes on for an hour and a half. We travel over boutiques and even buy some textiles – or somehow we end up draped in them. But my handles have become eroded through that accident, and now I am just holding on to long raffia ropes, for security, although I am still fully suspended. Then the tranquil nature of the theme park journey turns to horror. I look down and there are two dead soldiers – generals – that have been shot down in their helicopter in the Vietnam War. Their faces are craggy, bleached and pock-marked. I look to my right and there is a brown bear on a log. It looks like it is sleeping but it has been shot through the neck. These are images of horror. The word, "Walls" comes to mind. It is General Walls, the Rhodesian army leader. But it also sounds like war. My mind is screaming "wall, Emerson, wall, Emerson, wall, Emerson." It's the rhythm of my heart. Then suddenly I am falling as it were, extremely fast and horizontally into nothingness. I am going faster than the speed of light and everything has become bright light shattered into atomic particles. The two sides of me have become one.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity