Wednesday 20 June 2012

Freedom

So this coming to the conclusion of late, now more than ever, means that there is no point in changing to try to accommodate anyone.  I think postmodernism also bewitched and confused me.   You can see I've been buffeted around by almost every cultural sensibility.  Don't pity me -- I've also thrown a few punches of my own.  Postmodernism teaches the idea that there is nothing essential or permanent about identity.   It's all flapping around, waving in the wind, so you'd better latch onto the most politically viable appearances, and make the most of those.

None of this has helped me.  The idea that it is necessary to be a good actor to succeed has nearly done my head in.   It makes it seem as if impossible situations have a solution, so long as one can act one's way through them.  Hope is the worst evil, the vice one must finally give up, if one is to see reality.

Those who don't need to complicate their minds always perform better.  The gender issue and the migrant issue factor in here.  If one constantly has to think, "how do I make adjustments so that I don't seem to be a stereotype?" one can't perform very well.   It is tiring in the long term and the short term to make too many accommodations.  One has to have the freedom to be wholly natural if one wants to manage in life, and more so to succeed.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity