Saturday 3 November 2012

Autism Blurts Out | Clarissa's Blog

Autism Blurts Out | Clarissa's Blog

I don’t have the autism thing, but sometimes I have a tendency to just conclude that everything is crazy, and then I blurt something out that indicates my evaluation of everything. This works well in some contexts but not so well in others. Where people enjoy a philosophy of limit experiences that works well, but not where people are trying to employ rationality to hold onto a semblance of their reason for dear life. The world is divided basically into these two types of people: those who want to go mad and those who are desperate to stay sane. I’m in the first group of people, so very little bothers me, but the second group have never understood me.

Anyway, I’m working with it, and have decided I will write a new book. It will be in three parts. Someone online inadvertently gave me the title. It will be called Sugar Rush in the Infantry Stage. It will feature three separate skirmishes, but the underlying plot concerns an ape who doesn’t realize he is an ape. He keeps trying to pass himself off as human, but people keep rejecting him as an ape.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity