Thursday 15 November 2012

man hatin'

Bizarre Searches | Clarissa's Blog

Sometimes people just need to believe you are a man hater. It’s a way to dismiss whatever you have to say without considering it, just because it comes from a woman.

I’ve had misogynists tracking me down for years. Thing is, at the time they were doing this, I had all sorts of illusions about men per se  -- not particular men, I just thought men as such were necessarily great.  I had grown up when a civil war had already started and adult men were our brave defenders.

Still, when I expressed reservations about anything a particular man had done, these guys took it as evidence for ma man-hatin' ways.

Eventually, of course, through their sheer persistence and distortions, they convinced me that there was, indeed, something very, very wrong with the majority of Western men.  When Western males don't defend women, but attack women on sight...........

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity