Friday 9 November 2012

That's who I am when I'm an ape. I'm glassy-eyed, a little punch drink.  No, scratch that.  I'm a lot punch drunk.  That's life.  Life will do it to you.  It takes away your little hope for sanity and replaces it with ... what?  A realm of opportunity.  But that opportunity is not so easily accessed, at least for some.  Here I am crawling on my bare knuckles, hoping to scratch out a living.   I've reached for the stars, at times, but I always end up back where I am, scraping along the dust.   Sometimes a kind fellow tosses me a coin or two.  I use that to obtain water, since liquid replenishes the mind.   I must have liquid.  Sometimes the leaves ... but they are not juicy enough.   I recline on a rock.  I take life easy.  Nothing disturbs me or distracts me.   In a minute or two the sun will start to rise.  Oh, joy!   I'll get up off my homely bench and start to look around.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity