Wednesday 26 December 2012

Interesting speculations on the mind

Some interesting speculations and concepts appear in the link below.

Mental Illness - Its Metabolic Energy Shifts?

  It is notable that Nietzsche was also very concerned with understanding himself on the basis of energy shifts, particularly toward the end of his life when his health was ailing.  I think this method could be quite productive.

There is also an echo of psychoanalysis and its mother-child dyad.

I particularly like the ideas that the triune brain is still a very relevant paradigm and that the left part of the brain is concerned with self-mastery, whereas the right side of the brain is effectively the unconscious, defining the boundaries of the self in relation to the other.  I was very concerned with studying how this right side of the brain functions through literature, when I wrote my thesis on DAMBUDZO MARECHERA.


No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity