Tuesday 18 December 2012

Petty accounting errors

Political Correctness | Clarissa's Blog

Demands for political correctness make me feel awkward, because it's like the petty accountant who will pull you up on the small calculation errors.   I'm not a precise person and perhaps at times not sensitive enough to questions of identity.  Actually, scratch that.   I'm well aware of matters of identity, but I see them in very different terms from those who take up a politically correct line.   Identity, to me, is roots.  But identity to these other guys is the boundary they wish to draw between themselves and others. I trip over this boundary partly because I see the boundary in geographic and emotional terms, not in political terms and also because I do not like this boundary-line.

Also I despise petty accountants more than I can say.  If they are keeping score of me and my errors, I will work hard to give them a lot of errors to record.  I'm their enemy not for having an identity but for making it a matter of keeping accounts.

My only recourse is to make bigger and bigger accounting errors.   It's not like I have control of this. My subconscious mind takes over and makes them for me.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity