Wednesday 31 July 2013

Anathema

Homeschooling Is Finally Condemned in the National Media | Clarissa's Blog

It's not just parents who can't see that parental bullying is problematic.  Nobody wants to see it, even when you point it out.   They assert that even to see that there is parental hostility means you have evil within.  So they try to purge your evil, because they don't like what you see.  They like the three wise monkeys:  see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

But my memoir addresses the issue of evil.

People read it and criticize my character, pointing out its flaws.

I don't mind, really.   That is actually a very good start when people are actually able to focus enough to pinpoint what they take to be flaws.  I'm more than happy with that.

It's the people who can't even speak in concrete terms about the situation, because they feel it is too shameless to address such issues, that evoke my disdain.

They make oblique statements about how they would rather not associate with me.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity