Thursday 25 July 2013

Life lessons and spiritual progress

Nobody should view my writing as suggesting ways to spiritually advance or gain life lessons.   I'm sorry, but can we lay-dees get over the idea that reality offers us spiritual lessons?

I shed reality.  

It's fine to pick me up for your new age or spiritual chronicle -- there's nothing good about my morality.  It is designed to to take away your sense that there is anything to learn from one other; to put you on your own.

Women are their worst enemies. I've handled problems on my own.  The outcome has been intellectual shamanism.

I had to handle grave, grave emotional issues on my own.  People said:  "Your writing does not communicate anything.  It is an undifferentiated forest fire of emotions."

The result of a couple of decades of this was that I burned and desecrated reality.   If you want some of my reality, it is of the charred sort. One could be annihilated.

Should people pick up anything I say and want to make out that I'm giving lessons on how to handle negotiations, or how to learn more deeply about oneself, they are welcome to try to use what I have said this way.  Welcome to my wasteland of disbelief.

I'm not trying to help you see life in a better way, I'm not trying to give you tips on how to handle the worst of it.  The problem is: once you latch onto an identity, you take us all backward with you.   For instance, you embrace a female nature that puts to shame all my hard work to prove that women aren't inherently hysterical.  I despair of this, but you want this female nature because it comforts you.  You reinstate the old ways without thinking once what this would cost me.

I wrote a memoir.  None of it was meant to teach life lessons or to raise the female profile.   I never had a goal so specifically feminine as that.   I immerse you in my disaster:  you are very welcome.

I'm not here to help.

If you're looking for some assistance, may I suggest my enemies in patriarchy?   They always give each other fuzzy, reassuring feelings:  women are the same as ever; men are the same as ever.  You're no longer on the precipice of pain or menacing catastrophe.  There is help at hand!  There are life lessons to be learned, within the measure of one's feminine or masculine existing nature.

I don't believe in this of course, but this is what is said and thought.   It's what's expected from my writing, even though it's clear this is not the content of my writing.

Nietzsche thought is would be quite the cosmic joke if old biddies a few centuries on were to find gentle platitudes to console each other with from his tome, THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA.   It's hard to get the message that books have a broader purpose than to instill life lessons.

I'm not trying to tell you what is what.   I'm not trying to emotionally engage with you to "smash the patriarchy".

I only have disaster and chaos and madness to impart.  

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity