Friday 28 March 2014

I Can’t Teach Literature | Clarissa's Blog

I Can’t Teach Literature | Clarissa's Blog





Here is how deep Christian patriarchy is in Western culture.  People see the male as the rational principle and assume that whatever he is doing it must be for the best.   Let me explain:  When you are being strongly psychologically assaulted on an ongoing basis by an ex-soldier who is used to a high degree of psychological sadism and has normalised it, and when this has been occurring since you were fifteen, you are not considered a credible witness in your own case.   Why?  Because you don't know where the line SHOULD be drawn between normal behavior and craziness and because you are a bit emotionally wrecked.



This was my situation in relation to my father and ABSOLUTELY NOBODY took my side.  Instead they took his.  And he was playing fast and loose, trying to pass off all the blame for his obnoxoius behavior onto me.   To criticise him was to be "too sensitive" and "emotional".



And Christians lap this sort of stuff up.  Even those professing atheism or secular sensibilities can't seem to get enough of it.   The only way I've been able to escape my trauma is to cross cultural barriers and speak exclusively to Japanese.   They don't have this same way of codifying "emotion" as a negative trait, (like a hot potato -- whomever is left holding it is the loser).



Really, I IS good to know that there are normal people in the world -- and I will speak to some of them today!  :)



But here is who things were, when I was trying to figure it all out intellectually and more generally.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsmNqYyV-FY

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity