Friday 28 March 2014

I Can’t Teach Literature | Clarissa's Blog

I Can’t Teach Literature | Clarissa's Blog





Christian society is very backward. Christianity forms the historical and ideological bedrock underneath any form of secularism in Western cultures. So you can always expect some breathtaking idiocy to make its appearance. By contrast, Japanese culture is like breathing clean air. Everything is just remarkably charming and psychologically normal. But the Westerners usually get around to accusing me of manipulating them in some way, just because they cannot understand all the ins and outs of something I may have done. They start attacking me as an evil, “feminine” principle and I have to duck for cover. I’m really tired of this, but that is their fallback position when they cannot immediately understand everything about everything. They resort to Christian metaphysics as an explanatory mechanism. The more different you are from them, it seems, the more they resort to it. They’re such turkeys.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity