Sunday 24 August 2014

Breaking through into wisdom

Well, you are saying “can’t” – which is the postmodernist position, and what I have always thought of as diluted shamanism.  But I would say we can break through the barriers.  I think where the postmodernists get confused is that they are stuck in metaphysics still.  So of course, in terms of the linear logic of consciousness, naturally you CAN’T.  Because if you are seeking absolute truth by trying to break through error, then naturally this is not to be found.  Ca ‘n’existe pas.   So they are stuck on the same level of linear logic that they are trying to break out from.  But actually, if you understand that the real change does not occur at the level of linear logic but by becoming so rich in your knowledge, sensations and attributes, that adherence to linear logic just falls away, then we are certainly through a very significant barrier.  And I have done that so I know what I am talking about.  The point is I do not claim to “have” wisdom, and indeed, not of any absolute sort – but suddenly, in your small expression of being you ARE wisdom (and you know it)—and not even your own wisdom, but the wisdom of the meaning of the universe.
 

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity