Tuesday 14 June 2016

Nietzschean laughter, which is divine, kills narcissism - YouTube

Nietzschean laughter, which is divine, kills narcissism - YouTube:Thursday's Child 

I was so glad to see this topic pop up. Thank you. I really enjoyed hearing you talk about this. Your demonstration just made me smile. Perfect. I had all but forgotten about divine laughter as a mode that I haven't always known. I said it here once before, Nietzsche saved me. A little scrap of me, thirteen years old, badly wounded, physically; poorly bandaged, no doctor, and all tucked in and concealed (as it would be for years to come), but staring it down with great swells of insuppressible laughter. That laughter has never left me and never failed me. Life and death stuff to be sure. It also built me a bridge (if that makes sense). Again, too close to the bone emotionally for me to express well, but you just made my day (for tomorrow).
Jennifer Armstrong 
Yes, saved me as well
-- much later in life. Puts you into a mind of a switch of consciousness, that
really makes all the difference, so that you can see that the originally-seeming
seriousness of others .....in this case in the workplace, because I coudn't
take any more of the micro-management and changing the goal posts, and constant
almost daily formal reprimands and inquisitions into minutiae, which seemed to
have a deeper agenda than getting workplace practices refined or fixed,   (offloading some
people's self-disgust onto their workplace inferiors) ..... was not so serious
at all, but just a cosmic play in which some people get to demonstrate and act out
their limited perspectives.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity