Tuesday 13 October 2009

Why do some people make very bad choices?

I am contemplating, today, the issue of why some groups of people appear to make some very bad choices. "Is it genetic?" is a question that we may all easily ask. "Or does it have to do with gender?"

Why do some women, for instance, go out of their ways to be raped? They must have it in for themselves.

I'm also contemplating the massacre of Tutsis in Rwanda. How strange! There doesn't seem to have been anything that caused it. Why did so many of them want to lose their limbs and die in such an awful fashion? It beats me. I've never had such desires, ever, in my lifetime.

The Jews are another question. What puzzles me so much is their compliance with Adolf Hitler. What did they see in him, that they would do his will. I, for one, am not the sort that would go an queue at death camps, just so as to get inside and live a life of horror. Hitler never impressed me in that way!

Today's topic is on the matter of why some people make very bad choices in their lives.

I, for one, am not that way inclined.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity