Thursday 31 March 2011

Why gender activism is still necessary

As you can see from my link, patriarchy involves the dis-habituation of men to actually stop and listen to what is being said to them by women.

I'm for freedom of choice and freedom of expression so long as I am certain that what has been said has been fully digested and understood. Nine times out of ten powerful evidence comes to light, telling me that what I have said has not even been partially digested or even vaguely understood. Some projection or gender stereotype stands in the way of clear and accurate communication.

It is one of my missions in life to clear these clogged and rusty channels for understanding of women's experiences, the meanings of which have been obscured by dismissive statements or concepts.


No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity