Tuesday 15 October 2013

Mental Illness Doesn’t Exist | Clarissa's Blog

Mental Illness Doesn’t Exist | Clarissa's Blog


You know, I’ve found resveratrol is a very good substance for me to take. It does have certain psychoactive properties, in the sense that I would imagine speed does. I can focus better on it, without shifts in emotion playing too much part. I tend to be prone to panic attacks when I am dehydrated — a cycle that can start after losing water due to training hard and then being exposed to lots of pollen, which also depletes my moisture content. The drying of the membranes in the nose and ears leads to heightened reactivity to pollen, which in turn exacerbates the histamine cycle, leading to greater dehydration. But these days, I take resveratrol instead of caffeine in the mornings, and I am much less prone to that effect.

Lucky for me I’ve solved my problem by and for myself, but can you imagine if I’d had to rely on outsiders to figure it out? With the prevalence of a reflex to label people mad these days, I would hardy fare so well.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity