Thursday 3 April 2014

All comments on Repost: Induction into mindless conformity? - YouTube

All comments on Repost: Induction into mindless conformity? - YouTube


Well I also have a huge superego, but it works differently. I think it is the internalization of the soldier mentality. I always feel like I have to watch myself incase I make a minor mistake which leads to death. For instance, last night I dreamed a cat jumped into a microwave oven and I pushed a button to open the door and let it out, but instead ending up cooking the cat for several seconds. So I live in fear of making these very, very minor mistakes, believing them to have huge consequences. In a real crisis, though, I am exceedingly calm and come into my own. I become a good, psychological combat machine. But one does need to train and discipline the superego during normal working hours.

To say more, "transgression" enables us to crash through our superego boundaries, but I have a feeling this becomes more and more dangerous the more we age. Still, it is a way of renewing ourselves and returning to youth as much as possible. We simply have to do that which our superego expressly forbids us to do.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity