Thursday 24 April 2014

Thursday Link Encyclopedia and Self-Promotion | Clarissa's Blog

Thursday Link Encyclopedia and Self-Promotion | Clarissa's Blog



With regard to the woman producing a film on her father, I would say that not everything is necessarily an electra complex, although in some cases it might be.  In my case, however, my father moved very much into my own psychological space and kept conducting raids on it.  Consequently, he was very much in my space through much of my early adult life and in terms of the legacy he left even later.   So I wrote about it.   Clearly, he had not received enough nurturing from his mother in his early years for him to maintain a separate identity of his own when under stress.  So I felt incredibly emotionally blackmailed to be his mother, and tried to deal with that as best I could.  I would think it rather sad if people labeled my own state as pathological, just because I was dealing with extremely difficult circumstances at the time.  Traditional wisdom is that if someone thinks they are drowning and grabs onto you, you should slap them hard to restore them to their senses, otherwise both of you will drown toegether.   That can be very difficult to do.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity