Wednesday 9 July 2014

Clarissa's Blog | An academic's opinions on feminism, politics, literature, philosophy, teaching, academia, and a lot more.

Clarissa's Blog | An academic's opinions on feminism, politics, literature, philosophy, teaching, academia, and a lot more.





You seem to be addressing me as if I were some kind of ideological enemy who would set about "demonizing" anything.  But I'm not even in America and do not subscribe to American tribal identities, so a lot of your rhetorical power is wasted on me.  Also it leads to you not addressing my actual points.  All I am saying is that the religious paradigm is losing its hold -- a very general historical movement from religion to atheism is taking place.  The consequences are that the monastic modes are being devalued as a matter of course and that business models are filling the vacuum they are leaving (not a practical vacuum per se, but in our minds and hearts).

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity