Sunday 13 March 2016

Vlog 64





The part of this I can identify with is the emotional emaciation. My fathers rage prohibited me from feeling or expressing any emotions, especially negative ones. At the same time, back then people were demanding of me a gender role, that I should be very effusive and identify with emotionality. Even though I didn't, they still labelled my nature "emotional", which was the precise opposite of what I had the capacity to be. This was quite a horrific experience of gaslighting in its own right, especially when feminists took to doing this to me. And this made it all the more difficult for me to try to access my deeply buried emotions. Along with this, I was constantly scolded for allegedly being haughty, which was the exact opposite of my underlying sensations as well, which were cautious and respectful. There were some betrayals along the way that really did a lot of harm. I really don't have much respect for Western culture.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity