Thursday 18 February 2010

Last night's dream

Last night, I was in a hotel, where I had been for two days. I hadn't checked in yet, because I had become distracted by all the gizmos, and the food. Eventually I realised that I should check in, and I got a room, but the room led to the outside of the building. A prostitute had climbed up the stairs into my room, and was helping herself to any of my clothes she fancied. I caught her red-handed, and she argued that it was only necessary for her to take the items of clothes that I hadn't really wanted anyway -- like a bikini. (I know exactly what this dream is about -- my resentment about continuing to give any money to the Third World when my own resources are limited. The dream also recognises that any luxury I have is in the shape of clothing.)

I walked her back down the steps and out of my apartment. As she left, she said (in an American accent) that she must try really hard to remember the details about me and what I had said.)

Another part of the dream was that I was walking on water -- literally on a very stormy ocean, at night time. As I approached the shore, I hoped that the final wave would not be a tidal wave, which would dump me, as if from a cliff face, onto hard gravel.

But meanwhile, I am back at the hotel...

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity