Friday 26 February 2010

reflecting, just reflecting

A pre-sleep reflection; an unwinding one.......

I reflect on what is a natural situation to me, a healthy one, a reviving one -- a situation comes to mind wherein I don't need to observe social niceties, where talking tough is a code for transcending collective anxieties (rather than what it tends to be within the suburbs: a means to dominate and/or infict brutalities). I'm thinking of the kind of shared understanding whereby everything is understood in relation to survival, even the smallest aspect of experience that produces mirth because of its absurdly tiny nature. I'm thinking of the kind of situation where multiple, contending values are reduced to one simplicity -- where this simplicity, this interest in survival, is broad enough to encompass all other values: a rough exterior but with the softness at the core. I'm in harmony with those who have a rural upbringing as instinctively they sense how to find calm in the middle of the storm.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity