Friday 28 August 2015

Capoeira Angola

Vlog CCLXXVI - YouTube


Thank you, for the shoutout. :) I understand the nature of an extreme experience....I so hear the authenticity. Also you have a high level of logic and reason in facing your situation, whereas I was trying to deal with mine intuitively. One of the growing sensations I had, way back, when I was being attacked, and it was a race between my ability to get more knowledge and the likelihood of being attacked again (because I really was in a vulnerable position, with a questionable state of health, a lack of cultural knowledge and no means to earn an income), was that even if others did not understand the seriousness of my situation, I would certainly reflect to them that it was so, through the seriousness of my counter-attacks. I had such small margins of well-being and survival to play with, that I had to make the seriousness register on another level. I did make it through, but only through studying power, almost obsessing about it, and moving to the extreme left. It should be noted (since you gave me the shout out) that a lot of left-wing philosophy, since it is so concerned about power, veils itself on a number of levels, since it doesn't want to be easily ascertained and understood. Only those who need it very desperately indeed will perhaps come to understand it. But there are many levels of reasoning and devices of protection, some of which make it nearly impossible to enter. I consider myself to be one of the privileged, as I entered, although under great duress. We survive how we can. If a guy as smart as Freud was so afraid of power that he wasn't able, or was unwillling, to tell the truth, we need to clothe ourselves in .....something-or-other. Sometimes it is at a level of clownliness. Did you know that there is a whole martial arts school, Capoiera Angola, that is based on SEEMING to clown, but which is actually deadly serious? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF9lfOAWTxo

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity