Monday 18 January 2016


Yeah, sometimes there are no "third people" to ask, because in the situation I was in, which was political/historical trauma, everybody was reacting out of proportion to anything that would be considered normal. Bear in mind that my migration experience was far from an everyday one, but i was considered a white nazi. So in the end I had to use the scientific method of testing the degree of what was now considered normal by directing against others the kind of tone, and sometimes the content, of what was directed at me. I found that even at very toned down levels, they all freaked out and acted as if I were violating their human rights. I learned from this that I wasn't being "sensitive" at all, and to the contrary, I had been absorbing a lot of punishment as if it were the norm.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity