Sunday 17 January 2016

Jennifer Armstrong
11:51 AM
+
1
0
1
 
Edit
 
+EcceSignumRex Yes, well I did martial arts for many years, so I know all about those dimensions.   I think the difference now is my self-understanding.  If we look at cultural magenetisms or weights -- I really am anchored in schizoidism, where as the majority are anchored in narcissism. That's why the points of reference in contemporary psychology are so totally wrong for me.  The Westerner starts talking, and immediately I know they've mapped things wrongly for me.   For instance if they talk about overcoming one's need to be emotionally expressive, or they speak about learning not to be self-serving but to include others, I am already coming at the issue from entirely the other direction, whereby it is helpful for me to develop some basic levels of narcissism and to gain greater capacity for self-expression.
Show less

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity