Tuesday 12 January 2016

Vlog 8 -WARNING: THIS WILL NOT BE POPULAR - YouTube

Vlog 8 -WARNING: THIS WILL NOT BE POPULAR - YouTube:Jennifer Armstrong 1 second ago

I haven't seen the video. It's part of the American scene, so I cannot even comment on it from my own perspective. What I can say is that in the past I was the victim of some of the most extreme misogynistic sentiments because I was trying to express my dilemma of dealing with my father's sweet-mean cycle, and my expectation that whenever he did something nice for me it would be followed up by something extremely nasty. People interpreted my bewildered and traumatized reaction as if it were dislike of people doing "nice" things for me. I was seen as a man hater, which I was not at all -- I really wanted to solve this problem as much for my father as for myself, but people wrote me off as just this nasty and vindictive female. One does has to be careful of these cavalier types and their prosecution of their gender wars, at everyone's expense.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity