Saturday 27 February 2016

Irony is not a confessional genre


Sacha Slone
9:36 AM
+
1
0
1
 
 
+Jennifer Armstrong
"....And I was constantly told that it was very, very normal for me to be bashed, and that I must learn to expect it, because my "privilege" had to be taken down a few notches. So I developed a very ironic sense of things..."

Wow, this quote is absolutely one of the best descriptions of this fucked-up way of thinking that we call 'American Culture' ...aka 'the psychopathic control grid.'
Show less
Jennifer Armstrong
9:41 AM
+
1
0
1
 
 
+Sacha Slone That is why I impose my own control grid on my YouTube channel and often dissuade Americans from joining it.  There are a lot of people who just reiterate the control grid without understand that I am critiquing it.  And what I find is that the people who are most mentally damaged can never, ever understand irony.  They tend to read irony as a confessional or naive genre.   It's very hard for them to step back from a situation and to say, "Perhaps this isn't as it is supposed to be?"
Show less

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity