Thursday 4 February 2016

Vlog 33







As for 13:20, I didn't know where to turn, to find solidarity and group belongingness, after I had been attacked from every direction, including political left and right. I'm sure I was starting to be a bit susceptible to suggestion, or suggestibility, after this point. The real issue was that I couldn't articulate anything, because I thought my words had become meaningless. I kept trying different strategies to get through -- more emotion, less emotion in my communication, and so on. Nothing worked. I really was desperate to understand my situation, but people seemed offended by the words I'd chosen in every instance, which were deemed to be too extreme and not subdued enough, or not properly emotional enough to express something dire. In any case, my views and values were considered very offensive, as if they had to be re-parented. But I didn't want or need re-parented. I needed deeper knowledge of my situation and how it had come about.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity