Sunday 28 September 2008

the need to break down illusions


I add to these observations my summary that the early childhood stage is concerned with resolving the ontological question: Do I exist or not, and if so in what form? The link with shamanism is obvious: "Why am I human, and not, rather, a tree?" One may return to this psychological field in order to resolve ontological crises.
Other points are that I see the task of the shaman to liquidise that which has become all to crystalised and "fixed" within the individual or cultural personality. This allows for an injection of eros and suppleness into ways of life that have become all too crystalised and rigid.
Thus the healing potency pertains to breaking down and dissolving what exists, so that suppleness may be imparted and possibly new ways of thinking and feeling may result.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity