Saturday 19 September 2009

aggression without insight doesn't engender respect

It's not what most people want to hear. After all, what would you be if you could not use your last remaining weapon against migrants, against women, against blacks and those of other appearance, who don't look like they belong here?

So often I have had a white male, or even a white woman in flustered patriarchy mode, blowing up in my face. And guess what?

It may surprise you to know that such blowing up, such public disinhibition, does not engender my respect.

I know it is supposed to. I am supposed to be overawed, as if I'd lived a sheltered life and never encountered such a thing of this sort in my whole existence.

But.

When what I see is a zombie, a person without inhibition, it does not engender my respect.

I will however, acknowledge that whenever there is any aggression without insight, it is both my migrant status and my gender that implicitly caused it.

It would be wrong for me not to fall on my sword and accept 100 percent of the blame.

For aggression without insight is caused by me, and me alone.

And it does not engender my respect.  I am insane.

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity