Tuesday 8 September 2009

I have reproduction in my arms

My muscles are giving birth to other muscles!

Which reminds me of how I read recently about some hapless fellow in the 60s who went to be psychoanalysed because he'd had a traumatic experience whilst boxing. No doubt it was to do with something like being defeated or being knocked out.

He remarked concerning a thickening of his fingers and the experience of intimacy in fighting with other men. Ah! But he should have been more coy with words.

He was 'discovered' to be suffering from latent homosexuality and a tendency to repress sexual arousal via a regression to the breast.

And yet: What to make of the REAL thickening of his fingers and the real experience of closeness to other men that he experienced whilst boxing?

Were they not remarkable sensual experiences, by themselves?

No comments:

Cultural barriers to objectivity