Saturday 19 September 2009

It's bile and its also ogical!

Another consideration to bear in mind, regarding Nietzsche, if one does not implicitly understand that his idea of truth is determined by his shamanistic (read: inwardly discovered) approach, one either falls into Postmodernist metaphysics as a way of reading him, or rank biologism.

The third approach seems to have been the most common one, on the Internet. However, it hasn't been thought through with any clarity.

If I am to be thought inferior because of my biology, and I am unable to argue my right to be treated differently than inferior (since, from a rhetorical point of view, my overt abilities are not permitted to matter; rather it is my biology that is significant), then I could find myself to be, politically, a victim of the ostensibly inferior attributes linked to my biology.

Albeit it that I can be easily attacked because of my external qualities, in actual fact I would not be completely helpless "because of biology".

Rather, in fact, rivers of blood will start to flow.

But Nietzsche's philosophy is surely not about divesting of his inner entrails another patriarch?

Perhaps, then, he wasn't so concerned about biology after all??!

1 comment:

Mike B) said...

Power is equal now between the sexes in the sense that the material conditions, concerning most especially the division of labour. It's just that a lot of the men and women don't realise it while some do. Ergo, a struggle continues between those deluded into thinking that they have a 'natural' right to more power attempting to subdue their 'natural' subordinates. The problem for the dominators is that a lot of their 'subordinates' don't believe in the biological ideology of their 'superiors'.

Cultural barriers to objectivity